Saturday, March 29, 2008

FD-EOS Adapter

Last year I bought an FD to EOS adapter so I could use the old FD lens from my dad's camera in my Canon XT (350d). I bought it without knowing almost anything about it, cause there wasn't any kind of photo examples of the results brought by this adapter.


That's why I decided to post some pictures comparing the FD lens with my EF 28-135mm in a forum that I used to participate.

So know that I found those pictures, I decided to make a post here so I could show people who might be interested in buying one of those adapters what kind of results they should expect.

Here we go:

All pictures have the 100% zoom crop in a box on one of the corners
The first one is a reference shot with my 28-135 EF Lens, at 28mm 1/250 f10:



The second is still with the 28-135mm, at 135mm 1/320 f9:



The third is with the FD 200mm 2.8f at 200mm 1/250 f8:



And the last one is with the FD 500mm 4.5f L at 500mm 1/250 f8:




The photos were only resized and don't have any kind of retouching, the objective was only to show the lens behavior when used with the FD-EOS adapter.

I hope this post is useful to anybody looking for this kind of adapter.

No comments: